This mosque was constructed in 1860 in Killarper area in the Narayanganj district of Bangladesh during the period of Mughal tenure. In the 21st century it was renamed as Killar Shahi Jania Mosque. Of these two assumptions, the first was that Nawab Shahista Khan ordered its construction in 1680s in a reinvigorated compound when he was Subahdar in Bengal during the period 1664 to 1688. The second assumption tried to prove that Bibi Maryam was the life partner of IshaKha Masnad-E-Ala, who had built the masjid and her tomb after her demise proving that he really loved her. The fact is that, according to the historians, that the first assumption is more convincing than the latter because the design of the mosque resembles the elegances that were common during the Mughal times. This mosque is most remembered as a protruding persisting structure in the country notwithstanding the fact that it has inadequate room.
Initially it was a single storied structure with more stress on the perpendicular potentials of the three mihrabs built from the ground in the western walls
In 2001 the first floor of the mosque was added which endangered the beauty which was evident from the cupola and the Mihrab. After construction of the first floor, the attractiveness of the domes and the mihrabs could not be clear because the domes were invisible and the mihrabs were greatly changed. The construction of the mosque could be explained due to the domes, arches and the Mihrabs. The space in the room is hampered by the construction of the three domes. The central dome is bigger than the ones on either side of the central dome. This shape is commonly found in the Mughal periods
The minaret which has been standing on the eastern corner of the mosque was constructed in 1971 has lost its original design due to repairs. The courtyard has been added on the first floor of the mosque in the front to accommodate the increasing number of worshippers to the mosque, but due to this construction the beauty of the mosque `has been jeopardized
Although the shape of the mosque is rectangular in shape with 50 feet in length and 45 feet in width, but it most likely looks as a square shaped mosque.